Re: rbd-nbd not resizing even after kernel tweaks

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM, Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 4:23 AM, Mykola Golub <to.my.trociny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 08:25:15PM -0500, Alex Gorbachev wrote:
>>> I am running into the problem described in
>>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/19/565 and
>>> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23137
>>>
>>> I went ahead and built a custom kernel reverting the change
>>> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/639812a1ed9bf49ae2c026086fbf975339cd1eef
>>>
>>> After that a resize shows in lsblk and /sys/block/nbdX/size, but not
>>> in parted for a mounted filesystem.
>>>
>>> Unmapping and remapping the NBD device shows the size in parted.
>>
>> Note 639812a is only a part of changes. The more invasive changes are
>> in 29eaadc [1]. For me the most suspicious looks removing
>> bd_set_size() in nbd_size_update(), but this is just a wild guess.
>>
>> I would recommend to contact the authors of the change. This would
>> also be a gentle remainder for Josef that he promised to fix this.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/29eaadc0364943b6352e8994158febcb699c9f9b

So Josef fixed the one issue that enables e.g. lsblk and sysfs size to
reflect the correct siz on change.  However, partptobe and parted
still do not detect the change, complete unmap and remap of rbd-nbd
device and remount of the filesystem is required.

In limbo with this issue at this point.