Re: wal and db device on SSD partitions?

Filestore had no such recommendation for size of journal per TB.  The default was a flat 10GB partition.  For bluestore, the recommendation has been 10GB per TB.  However, with your setup, I would probably bump that up a bit more just to give you more room for your WAL/DB partition.  While bluestore _can_ spill over to the spinning disk, it will slow your speeds and create performance issues that may be hard to track down.