Re: Cephfs and number of clients

It depends on how you're mounting CephFS.  If you're using ceph-fuse, I believe that you would see a performance increase from multiple mount points for each volume.  How much and if that actually holds up for you in production would require some testing on your end.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:53 AM Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 3:27 AM, James Poole <james.poole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a query regarding cephfs and prefered number of clients. We are
> currently using luminous cephfs to support storage for a number of web
> servers. We have one file system split into folders, example:
>
> /vol1
> /vol2
> /vol3
> /vol4
>
> At the moment the root of the cephfs filesystem is mounted to each web
> server. The query is would there be a benefit to having separate mount
> points for each folder like above?

Performance benefit? No. Data isolation benefit? Sure.

--
Patrick Donnelly