Re: where is it possible download CentOS 7.5

My idea also

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dillaman [mailto:jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: donderdag 29 maart 2018 13:51
To: Max Cuttins
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  where is it possible download CentOS 7.5

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Max Cuttins <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> i really don't want to stress this much than I already did.
> But I need to have a clear answer.

At this point I'm not sure if you are just trolling the list since I
believe all your questions and more have already been answers repeatedly
on your other thread.

> Il 28/03/2018 13:36, Jason Dillaman ha scritto:
>>
>> But I don't think that CentOS7.5 will use the kernel 4.16 ... so you
>> are telling me that new feature will be backported to the kernel 3.*
?

>>> Nope. I'm not part of the Red hat kernel team and don't have the
>>> influence to shape what they do.
>>
>> The RHEL/CentOS 7.5 3.x-based kernel will have all the necessary bug
>> fixes.
>

> You wrote about bug fixes... ok, but this is a new feature. (aka:
> before was not possible, not it is).
> So, RHEL/CentOS 7.5 will run iSCSI LIO out of the box?
> Yes or no?

Previously answered in your other threads, but to be clear: all known
kernels changes required to fix and support LIO TCMU integration will be
included in the RHEL/CentOS 7.5 kernel. There are obviously userspace
components as well (like tcmu-runner) that are unrelated to kernel
fixes.

--
Jason