1 mon unable to join the quorum

Hello Ceph users,

We are having a problem on a ceph cluster running Jewel: one of the mons left the quorum, and we have not been able to make it join again. The two other monitors are running just fine, but obviously we need this third one.

The problem happened before Jewel, when the cluster was running Infernalis. We upgraded hoping that it would solve the problem, but no luck.

We've validated several things: no network problem, no clock skew, same OS and ceph version everywhere. We've also removed the mon completely, and recreated it. We also tried to run an additional mon on one of the OSD machines, this mon didn't join the quorum either.

We've opened https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23403 with logs from the 3 mons during a fresh startup of the problematic logs.

Is there anything we could try to do to resolve this issue? We are getting out of ideas.

We'd appreciate any suggestion!

Gauvain Pocentek