Re: Random individual OSD failures with "connection refused reported by" another OSD?

Hi,

another possibility - the osd's "refusing connections" crashed, there's a window of time where connection attempts will fail with connection refused, in between osd died, the osd being re-started by upstart/systemd, and the OSD gets far enough into it's init process to start listening for new connections.

While your symptoms look the same, there's no guarantee that you're suffering from the same problem, but.. we're currently suffering from ceph-osd v12.2.4 sporadically segfaulting. Either for config reasons or the signal handler fails to do it's thing, we don't get the typical "oops I crashed" reports in the osd log, although journald/systemd did capture stdout which mentions it and there's a kernel log message left behind saying that ceph-osd segfaulted. (http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23352 ).

-KJ