Re: What is in the mon leveldb?

On 03/28/2018 01:34 AM, Tracy Reed wrote:
>>   health: HEALTH_WARN
>>   recovery 1230/13361271 objects misplaced (0.009%)
>>
>> and no recovery is happening. I'm not sure why. This hasn't happened
>> before. But the mon db had been growing since long before this
>> circumstance.
>
> Hmm....ok, the recent trouble started a few days ago when we removed a
> node containing 4 OSDs from the cluster. The OSDs on that node were shut
> down but were not removed from the crush map. So apparently this has
> caused some issues. I just removed the OSDs properly and now there is
> recovery happening. Unfortunately it now says 30% of my objects are
> misplaced so I'm looking at 24 hours of recovery. Maybe the store.db
> will be smaller when it finally finishes.

When all PGs are active+clean your store.db will start to shrink.

Which Ceph version are you on? And with which version was this cluster
started?

It could be that you have sub-optimal CRUSH tunables coming from a old
version.

There could be a lot of things happening here, but hard to tell.

But your MONs will shrink after the PGs are all active+clean.

Wido