Re: What is in the mon leveldb?

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:15:34PM PDT, Wido den Hollander spake thusly:
> The MONs keep a history of OSDMaps and other maps. Normally these maps
> are trimmed from the database, but if one or more PGs are not
> active+clean the MONs will keep a large history to get old OSDs up to
> speed which might be needed to bring that PGs to a clean state again.
>
> What is the status of your Ceph cluster (ceph -s) and what version are
> you running?

Ah...well. That leads to my next question which may resolve this issue:

Current state of my cluster is:

  health: HEALTH_WARN
  recovery 1230/13361271 objects misplaced (0.009%)

and no recovery is happening. I'm not sure why. This hasn't happened
before. But the mon db had been growing since long before this
circumstance.

Any idea why it might be stuck like this? I suppose I need to clear this
up before I can know if this is the cause of the disk usage.

> And yes, make sure your MONs do have a tens of GBs available should they
> need it for a very long recovery.

Yeah...I've temporarily moved the store.db to another disk and symlinked
it back but I'm working towards rebuilding my mons.

> For example, I'm working on a 2200 OSD cluster which has been doing a
> recovery operation for a week now and the MON DBs are about 50GB now.

Wow. My cluster is only around 70 OSDs.

Thanks!

--
Tracy Reed