Re: iSCSI Multipath (Load Balancing) vs RBD Exclusive Lock

On 2018-03-12 21:00, Ilya Dryomov wrote:

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:41 PM, Maged Mokhtar <mmokhtar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-03-12 14:23, David Disseldorp wrote:

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:23:02 +0200, Maged Mokhtar wrote:

2)I undertand that before switching the path, the initiator will send a
TMF ABORT can we pass this to down to the same abort_request() function
in osd_client that is used for osd_request_timeout expiry ?

IIUC, the existing abort_request() codepath only cancels the I/O on the
client/gw side. A TMF ABORT successful response should only be sent if
we can guarantee that the I/O is terminated at all layers below, so I
think this would have to be implemented via an additional OSD epoch
barrier or similar.

Cheers, David

Hi David,

I was thinking we would get the block request then loop down to all its osd
requests and cancel those using the same  osd request cancel function.

All that function does is tear down OSD client / messenger data
structures associated with the OSD request.  Any OSD request that hit
the TCP layer may eventually get through to the OSDs.

Thanks,

                Ilya

Hi Ilya,

OK..so i guess this also applies as well to osd_request_timeout expiry, it is not guaranteed to stop all stale ios.

Maged