Re: iSCSI Multipath (Load Balancing) vs RBD Exclusive Lock

On 2018-03-12 14:23, David Disseldorp wrote:

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:23:02 +0200, Maged Mokhtar wrote:

2)I undertand that before switching the path, the initiator will send a
TMF ABORT can we pass this to down to the same abort_request() function
in osd_client that is used for osd_request_timeout expiry ?

IIUC, the existing abort_request() codepath only cancels the I/O on the
client/gw side. A TMF ABORT successful response should only be sent if
we can guarantee that the I/O is terminated at all layers below, so I
think this would have to be implemented via an additional OSD epoch
barrier or similar.

Cheers, David

Hi David,

I was thinking we would get the block request then loop down to all its osd requests and cancel those using the same  osd request cancel function.

Maged