Re: 【mon】Problem with mon leveldb

Mons won't compact and clean up old maps while any PG is in a non-clean state.  What is your `ceph status`?  I would guess this isn't your problem, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Also in Hammer, OSDs started telling each other when they clean up maps and this caused a map pointer leak where the pointer for which map to keep was set to NULL and OSDs would stop deleting maps until they were restarted which forced them to ask the mons for what that pointer should be.  This bug was fixed in 0.94.8.  You can check to see if you're running into this by performing a `du` on the meta folder inside of an OSD.  I know your complaint is about mons getting really large, but it just sounded familiar to this issue with OSDs getting really large with maps.