How to "apply" and monitor bluestore compression?

Hi!

I just migrated my backup cluster from filestore to bluestore (8 OSDs, one OSD at a time, took two weeks but went smoothly).

I also enabled compression on a pool beforehand and am impressed by the compression ratio (snappy, agressive, default parameters). So apparently during backfilling, the compression got applied.

Now I'd like to apply it to another pool (with the even stronger zstd algorithm). But it apparently only works on new written data.

Is there a way to "trigger" compression on the already existing objects (similar to a background scrub?)

Also, is there some reporting for the actual compression ratio?

Thanks

Martin