ceph-volume activation

Dear Cephalopodians,

with the release of ceph-deploy we are thinking about migrating our Bluestore-OSDs (currently created with ceph-disk via old ceph-deploy)
to be created via ceph-volume (with LVM).

I note two major changes:
1. It seems the block.db partitions have to be created beforehand, manually.
   With ceph-disk, one should not do that - or manually set the correct PARTTYPE ID.
   Will ceph-volume take care of setting the PARTTYPE on existing partitions for block.db now?
   Is it not necessary anymore?
   Is the config option bluestore_block_db_size now also obsoleted?

2. Activation does not work via udev anymore, which solves some racy things.

This second major change makes me curious: How does activation work now?
In the past, I could reinstall the full OS, install ceph packages, trigger udev / reboot and all OSDs would come back,
without storing any state / activating any services in the OS.

Does this still work?
Or is there a manual step needed to restore the ceph-osd@ID-UUID services which at first glance appear to store state (namely ID and UUID)?

If that's the case:
- What is this magic manual step?
- Is it still possible to flip two disks within the same OSD host without issues?
  I would guess so, since the services would detect the disk in the ceph-volume trigger phase.
- Is it still possible to take a disk from one OSD host, and put it in another one, or does this now need a manual interaction?
  With ceph-disk / udev, it did not, since udev triggered disk activation and then the service was created at runtime.

Many thanks for your help and cheers,
	Oliver