Re: Monitor won't upgrade

Can you send us a `ceph status` and `ceph health detail`? Something is still weird. Also can you query the running daemon for it's version instead of asking the cluster? You should also be able to find it in the logs when it starts.

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018, 4:24 AM Mark Schouten <mark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On vrijdag 16 februari 2018 00:21:34 CET Gregory Farnum wrote:

> If mon.0 is not connected to the cluster, the monitor version report won’t

> update — how could it?

> So you need to figure out why that’s not working. A monitor that’s running

> but isn’t part of the active set is not good.

Obviously, I check the versions after the monitor is restarted. So the steps I followed are:

- `ceph tell mon.* version`

- Stop mon.0

- Verify mon.0 is actually stopped using `ps uaxwww` and `ceph -s` on other monitors

- Start mon.0

- `ceph tell mon.* version`

It's not too weird that various versions of OSD's are running. The box has a high uptime and has been upgraded in between of adding new OSD's. The md5sum of /usr/bin/ceph-mon, which is obviously the daemon that is running, is identical on all machines.

See the attachment for logging on the moment of restarting.

--

Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/

Mark Schouten | Tuxis Internet Engineering

KvK: 61527076 | http://www.tuxis.nl/

T: 0318 200208 | info@xxxxxxxx