Re: Monitor won't upgrade

The process version in memory (running) will match the version of the
binary on disk unless it has not been restarted so there is something
being misunderstood here.

Carefully check the path of the running process binary and the package
that owns that binary, the version of that package and the lifetime of
the process. When you stop the process make sure it is, in fact,
stopped and when you restart it make sure it is starting the binary
you think it is.

I'm just throwing ideas out there because there is something happening
here which has not yet come to light but should be obvious once you
spot it.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Mark Schouten <mark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On donderdag 15 februari 2018 10:14:40 CET Burkhard Linke wrote:
>
>> Did you verify that the ceph mon process was actually restarted? If the
>
>> initscripts/systemd stuff has changed during the releases, the restart
>
>> might not be able to recognize the already running process, and (maybe
>
>> silently?) fail to start the new version.
>

> Yes, I did. I also noticed the other two monitors mention that one of the
> monitors was out.
>

> --
>
> Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
>
> Mark Schouten | Tuxis Internet Engineering
>
> KvK: 61527076 | http://www.tuxis.nl/
>
> T: 0318 200208 | info@xxxxxxxx

Cheers,
Brad