发件人:Maged Mokhtar <mmokhtar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
发送时间:2018-02-01 22:15
主题:Re: [ceph-users] How to clean data of osd with ssd journal(wal, db if it is bluestore) ?
收件人:"shadow_lin"<shadow_lin@xxxxxxx>
抄送:"ceph-users"<ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Lin,

We do the extra dd after zapping the disk. ceph-disk has a zap function that uses wipefs to wipe fs traces, dd  to zero 10MB at partition starts, then sgdisk to remove partition table, i believe ceph-volume does the same. After this zap for each data or db block that will be created on this device we use the dd command to zero 500MB, this may be a bit overboard but other users have had similar issues:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22354

Also the initial zap will wipe out the the disk and zeros the start of partitions as they used to be, it is possible the new disk will have db block with a different size so the start of partitioning has changed.

I am not sure if your question was because you hit this issue or you just want to skip the extra dd function or you are facing issues cleaning disks, if it is the later we can send you some patch that does this.

Maged