Re: How to clean data of osd with ssd journal(wal, db if it is bluestore) ?

I know that for filestore journals that is fine.  I think it is also safe for bluestore.  Doing Wido's recommendation of writing 100MB would be a good idea, but not necessary.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018, 10:10 PM shadow_lin <shadow_lin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply.
I am wondering what if I don't remove the journal(wal,db for bluestore) partion on the ssd and only zap the data disk.Then I assign the journal(wal,db for bluestore) partion to a new osd.What would happen?

2018-02-01
lin.yunfan

发件人:David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx>
发送时间:2018-01-31 17:24
主题:Re: How to clean data of osd with ssd journal(wal, db if it is bluestore) ?
收件人:"shadow_lin"<shadow_lin@xxxxxxx>
抄送:"ceph-users"<ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I use gdisk to remove the partition and partprobe for the OS to see the new partition table. You can script it with sgdisk.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018, 4:10 AM shadow_lin <shadow_lin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,
if I create an osd with journal(wal,db if it is bluestore) in the same hdd, I use ceph-disk zap to clean the disk when I want to remove the osd and clean the data on the disk.
But if I use a ssd partition as the journal(wal,db if it is bluestore) , how should I clean the journal (wal,db if it is bluestore) of the osd I want to remove?Especially when there are other osds are using other partition of the same ssd  as journals(wal,db if it is bluestore) .

2018-01-31

shadow_lin