Re: Cephfs Snapshots - Usable in Single FS per Pool Scenario ?

Thanks for the fast reply. I started recording a session where I
unmounted and re-mounted the file system and could not duplicate the
issue. I am going to do some more testing and report back any relevant
findings. For now here are some details about our setup where files
contained in shapshots were either empty or contained non printable
contents once their original versions were modified.

[root@sl-util mnt]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
[root@sl-util mnt]# uname -a
Linux sl-util.sproutloud.com 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep
12 22:26:13 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[root@sl-util mnt]# rpm -qa | grep ceph
centos-release-ceph-luminous-1.0-1.el7.centos.noarch
libcephfs2-12.2.2-0.el7.x86_64
ceph-common-12.2.2-0.el7.x86_64
python-cephfs-12.2.2-0.el7.x86_64

[root@sl-util mnt]# ceph -v
ceph version 12.2.2 (cf0baeeeeba3b47f9427c6c97e2144b094b7e5ba) luminous (stable)

[root@sl-util mnt]# ceph health
HEALTH_OK

[root@sl-util mnt]# ceph fs ls
name: cephfs, metadata pool: cephfs_metadata, data pools: [cephfs_data ]

[root@sl-util mnt]# ceph df detail
GLOBAL:
    SIZE       AVAIL      RAW USED     %RAW USED     OBJECTS
    63487G     63477G       11015M          0.02       19456
POOLS:
    NAME                ID     QUOTA OBJECTS     QUOTA BYTES     USED
     %USED     MAX AVAIL     OBJECTS     DIRTY     READ      WRITE
RAW USED
    cephfs_data         5      N/A               N/A
2858M         0        29680G       15733     15733     12452
37830        5716M
    cephfs_metadata     6      N/A               N/A
41865k         0        29680G        3723      3723       140
17799       83731k

[root@sl-util mnt]# mount -t ceph prod-ceph-mon-1:6789:/ /mnt/cephfs
-o name=admin,secretfile=/etc/ceph/client.admin.secret
[root@sl-util mnt]# mount
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
(rw,nosuid,size=8118464k,nr_inodes=2029616,mode=755)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
(rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct,cpu)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_prio,net_cls)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mapper/centos-root on / type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs
(rw,relatime,fd=29,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=9892)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
/dev/sdl1 on /boot type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)
/dev/mapper/centos-home on /home type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/10065 type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=1626268k,mode=700,uid=10065,gid=10027)
tmpfs on /run/user/10058 type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=1626268k,mode=700,uid=10058,gid=10027)
10.0.100.54:6789:/ on /mnt/cephfs type ceph
(rw,relatime,name=admin,secret=<hidden>,acl)

[root@sl-util mnt]# ceph fs set cephfs allow_new_snaps true
--yes-i-really-mean-it
enabled new snapshots

Paul Kunicki
Systems Manager
SproutLoud Media Networks, LLC.
954-476-6211 ext. 144
pkunicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.sproutloud.com

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and for
others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. In the event the recipient or recipients of this
communication are under a non-disclosure agreement, any and all
information discussed during phone calls and online presentations fall
under the agreements signed by both parties. If you received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to
this e-mail.

>>> pkunicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx