Re: How to remove deactivated cephFS

Hi Tom,

thanks for the detailed steps.

I think our problem literally vanished. A couple of days after my email I noticed that the web interface suddenly listed only one cephFS. Also the command "ceph fs status" doesn't return an error anymore but shows the corret output.
I guess Ceph is indeed a self-healing storage solution! :-)

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Thomas Bennett <thomas@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

From my experiences, to truely delete and recreate  the Ceph FS *cephfs*
file system I've done the following:

1. Remove the file system:
ceph fs rm cephfs --yes-i-really-mean-it
ceph fs rm_data_pool cephfs_data
ceph fs rm_data_pool cephfs cephfs_data

2. Remove the associated pools:
ceph osd pool delete cephfs_data cephfs_data --yes-i-really-really-mean-it
ceph osd pool delete cephfs_metadata
cephfs_metadata --yes-i-really-really-mean-it

3. Create a new default ceph file system:
ceph osd pool create cephfs_data <int[0-]> {<int[0-]>} {<ruleset>}
ceph osd pool create cephfs_metadata <int[0-]> {<int[0-]>} {<ruleset>}
ceph fs new cephfs cephfs_metadata cephfs_data
ceph fs set_default cephfs

Not sure if this helps, as you may need to repeat the whole process from
the start.

Regards,
Tom