Re: After Luminous upgrade: ceph-fuse clients failing to respond to cache pressure

Just to close this thread up - it looks like all the problems were related to setting the "mds cache size" option in Luminous instead of using "mds cache memory limit".  The "mds cache size" option documentation says that "it is recommended to use mds_cache_memory_limit ...", but it looks more like "mds cache size" simply does not work in Luminous like it used to in Jewel (or does not work period).  As a result the MDS was trying to aggressively reduce caches in our setup.  Since we switched all MDS's over to 'mds cache memory limit' of 16GB and bounced them, we have had no performance or cache pressure issues, and as expected they hover around 22-23GB of RSS.

Thanks everyone for the help,

Andras