Re: Incomplete pgs and no data movement ( cluster appears readonly )

I adjusted “osd max pg per osd hard ratio ” to 50.0 and left “mon max pg per osd” at 5000 just to see if things would allow data movement.  This worked, the new pool I created finished its creation and spread out.  I was able to then copy the data from the existing pool into the new pool and delete the old one.

Used this process for copying the default pools:

ceph osd pool create .users.email.new 16

rados cppool .users.email .users.email.new

ceph osd pool delete .users.email .users.email --yes-i-really-really-mean-it

ceph osd pool rename .users.email.new .users.email

ceph osd pool application enable .users.email rgw

So at this point, I have recreated all the .rgw and .user pools except .rgw.buckets with a pg_num of 16, which significantly reduced the pgs, unfortunately, the incompletes are still there:

  cluster:

   health: HEALTH_WARN

            Reduced data availability: 4 pgs inactive, 4 pgs incomplete

            Degraded data redundancy: 4 pgs unclean

  services:

    mon: 3 daemons, quorum mon1,mon2,mon3

    mgr: mon3(active), standbys: mon1, mon2

    osd: 43 osds: 43 up, 43 in

  data:

    pools:   10 pools, 4240 pgs

    objects: 8148k objects, 10486 GB

    usage:   21536 GB used, 135 TB / 156 TB avail

    pgs:     0.094% pgs not active

             4236 active+clean

             4    incomplete

The health page is showing blue instead of read on the donut chart, at one point it jumped to green but its back to blue currently.  There are no more ops blocked/delayed either.

Thanks for assistance, it seems the cluster will play nice now.  Any thoughts on the stuck pgs?  I ran a query on 11.720 and it shows:

"blocked_by": [

                13,

                27,

                28

OSD 13 was acting strange so I wiped it and removed it from the cluster.  This was during the rebuild so I wasn’t aware of it blocking.  Now I am trying to figure out how a removed OSD is blocking.  I went through the process to remove it:

ceph osd crush remove

ceph auth del

ceph osd rm

I guess since the cluster was a hot mess at that point, its possible it was borked and therefore the pg is borked.  I am trying to avoid deleting the data as there is data in the OSDs that are online.

-Brent