help needed after an outage - Is it possible to rebuild a bucket index ?

Yesterday we had an outage on our ceph cluster. One OSD was looping on << [call
rgw.bucket_complete_op] snapc 0=[]
ack+ondisk+write+known_if_redirected e359833) currently waiting for
degraded object >> for hours blocking all the requests to this OSD and
then ...
We had to delete the degraded object for the cluster to retrieve a
normal behaviour. The object was a .dir object which is in fact a
marker for a bucket index. This object had a 0 size but all the files
related to this bucket were stored on the LevelDB of the OSD.
As this file has been deleted, is there a way to rebuild the index ? (
a simple rados comand ? a radosgw-admin command ? a more tricky
solution ?
Thanks for your help ...