Linux Meltdown (KPTI) fix and how it affects performance?

Hi All,

As the KPTI fix largely only affects the performance where there are a large
number of syscalls made, which Ceph does a lot of, I was wondering if
anybody has had a chance to perform any initial tests. I suspect small write
latencies will the worse affected?

Although I'm thinking the backend Ceph OSD's shouldn't really be at risk
from these vulnerabilities, due to them not being direct user facing and
could have this work around disabled?

Nick