Re: CephFS log jam prevention

> You can try doubling (several times if necessary) the MDS configs
> `mds_log_max_segments` and `mds_log_max_expiring` to make it more
> aggressively trim its journal. (That may not help since your OSD
> requests are slow.)

This may be obvious, but where is this mds_log located, and what are the bottlenecks for it to get behind?

Is this something that is located on an OSD? Is this located in the metadata pool (which I had previously moved to live on SSDs rather than colocated on the HDDs that the filesystem pool lives on)?
Just curious what would be the bottleneck in the MDS trying to trim this log.

I see the MDS process on the active MDS with decent CPU util, but not any real disk traffic from the MDS side.

So just looking to see what is bounding me with the trimming to keep it so far behind (I increased both max segments and max expiring by 4x each).

Thanks,

Reed