Re: CephFS desync

No, it doesn't. But I'll keep this commit in mind, thanks!

On 24 November 2017 at 03:33, Yan, Zheng <ukernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Andrey Klimentyev
<andrey.klimentyev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The workload is... really common. It's just a bunch of PHP scripts being
> executed via php-fpm, that sometimes write a couple of files (some
> e-commerce reports). There were concerns with mmap(2) being used, but it's
> not the case, I've checked with strace.
> I am using the kernel client with a relatively fresh kernel - 4.10.0-28.
>
> I think, the simplest thing to do, would be updating to Luminous, to be
> honest. The problem is elusive and a PITA to resolve after it occurs.
> "touch" does not work, I have to change the contents of a file to forcefully
> synchronize it on every cephfs client.

does it use readahead(2), madvise(2) or fadvise(2)? 4.10 kernel does
not include following commit

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-client/commit/2b1ac852eb67a6e95595e576371d23519105559f

Andrey Klimentyev,
DevOps engineer @ JSC «Flant»