Re: how to test journal?

So is there any way, through some commands, that I can see how many objects go through the WAL & DB devices, and how optimal is performs?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I didn't see where you said there is no journal on bluestore.

Maybe I'm confusing the terminology. I have created a DB and WAL device for my Bluestore, but I presume that's not a journal (anymore?).

This is how I set it up this time: ceph-disk prepare --bluestore /dev/sdc --block.wal /dev/sde --block.db /dev/sde

Apart from "ceph grafana", which I can't install at this stage since the cluster isn't ready yet, how else can I test the SSD cache drives?

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:23:20 +0200 Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to test the CEPH journal to see if it performs optimally?

You're using bluestore, as I said before, there is no journal.

The SSDs you're using are top of the line, perfectly suited for what
you're using them for.

> And, how can I see how much data is being cached?

Nothing gets cached per se with bluestore.
As for utilization, there were values for the journal, AFAIK there isn't
anything for the DB stuff at this point.

In general, google "ceph grafana", you will REALLY want to monitor a ceph
cluster this way.

--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer
chibi@xxxxxxx           Rakuten Communications

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers