Re: how to test journal?

Le Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:52:43 +0200,
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> [snip, snap]
>
> Maybe I'm confusing the terminology. I have created a DB and WAL
> device for my Bluestore, but I presume that's not a journal
> (anymore?).

They never were, please read further in the documentation and mailing
list archives about their respective functions. For instance:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/bluestore-config-ref/

> This is how I set it up this time: ceph-disk prepare
> --bluestore /dev/sdc --block.wal /dev/sde --block.db /dev/sde

Putting the WAL and DB on the same device is a non sequitur once you
carefully read the available documentation and ML. The whole purpose of
a WAL is in it being on a faster device than the DB/main storage one(s).