Re: Bluestore OSD_DATA, WAL & DB

well I haven't found any recomendation either  but I think that sometimes the SSD space is being wasted.

I was thinking about making an OSD from the rest of my SSD space, but it wouldnt scale in case more speed is needed.

Other option I asked was to use bcache or a mix between bcache and small DB partitions but I was only reply with corruption problems so I decided not to do it.

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2017-October/021535.html

I think a good idea would be to use the space needed to store the Hot DB and the rest use it as a cache (at least a read cache)

I dont really know a lot about this topic but I think that maybe giving 50GB of a really expensive SSD is pointless with its only using 10GB.