Re: 回复: Re: [luminous]OSD memory usage increase when writing a lot of data to cluster

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Mazzystr <mazzystr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I experienced this as well on tiny Ceph cluster testing...
>
> HW spec - 3x
> Intel i7-4770K quad core
> 32Gb m2/ssd
> 8Gb memory
> Dell PERC H200
> 6 x 3Tb Seagate
> Centos 7.x
> Ceph 12.x
>
> I also run 3 memory hungry procs on the Ceph nodes.  Obviously there is a
> memory problem here.  Here are the steps I took avoid oom-killer killing the
> node ...
>
> /etc/rc.local -
> for i in $(pgrep ceph-mon); do echo -17 > /proc/$i/oom_score_adj; done
> for i in $(pgrep ceph-osd); do echo -17 > /proc/$i/oom_score_adj; done
> for i in $(pgrep ceph-mgr); do echo 50 > /proc/$i/oom_score_adj; done
>
> /etc/sysctl.conf -
> vm.swappiness = 100
> vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 1000

This is generally not a good idea. Just sayin'

$ grep -A17 ^vfs_cache_pressure sysctl/vm.txt
vfs_cache_pressure
------------------

This percentage value controls the tendency of the kernel to reclaim
the memory which is used for caching of directory and inode objects.

At the default value of vfs_cache_pressure=100 the kernel will attempt to
reclaim dentries and inodes at a "fair" rate with respect to pagecache and
swapcache reclaim.  Decreasing vfs_cache_pressure causes the kernel to prefer
to retain dentry and inode caches. When vfs_cache_pressure=0, the kernel will
never reclaim dentries and inodes due to memory pressure and this can easily
lead to out-of-memory conditions. Increasing vfs_cache_pressure beyond 100
causes the kernel to prefer to reclaim dentries and inodes.

Increasing vfs_cache_pressure significantly beyond 100 may have negative
performance impact. Reclaim code needs to take various locks to find freeable
directory and inode objects. With vfs_cache_pressure=1000, it will look for
ten times more freeable objects than there are.

Cheers,
Brad