Re: FAILED assert(p.same_interval_since) and unusable cluster

I followed the instructions in the Github repo for cloning and setting up the build environment, checked out the 12.2.0 tag, modified OSD.cc with the fix, and then tried to build with dpkg-buildpackage. I got the following error:
"ceph/src/kv/RocksDBStore.cc:593:22: error: ‘perf_context’ is not a member of ‘rocksdb’"
I guess some changes have been made to RocksDB since 12.2.0?

Am I going about this the right way? Should I just simply recompile the OSD binary with the fix and then copy it to the nodes in my cluster? What's the best way to get this fix applied to my current installation?

Thanks