Ceph versions not showing RGW

Hi all,

During our upgrade from Jewel to Luminous I saw the following behaviour, if my memory serves me right:

When upgrading for example monitors and OSDs, we saw that the `ceph versions` command correctly showed at one that some OSDs were still on Jewel (10.2.x) and some were already upgraded and thus showed a version of 12.2.0.
All as expected -- however, for the RGWs, those only showed up until they were upgraded to luminous. So the command gives a false sense of a complete overview of the Ceph cluster, e.g., in my case this resulted that I forgot about 4 out of 6 RGW instances which were still on Jewel.

What are the semantics of the `ceph versions` ? -- Was I wrong in expecting that Jewel RGWs should show up there?

Thanks,

Hans