Re: rocksdb: Corruption: missing start of fragmented record

Christian Balzer wrote:
Your exact system configuration (HW, drives, controller, settings, etc)
would be interesting as I can think of plenty scenarios on how to corrupt
things that normally shouldn't be affected by such actions
Oh, the hardware in question is consumer grade and not new. Some old i7 machine. But my current guess is that the specific hardware is semi-unrelated.

I think there probably is just a WAL log or entry in that that wasn't finished writing to disk or corrupted. But WAL aren't something that should be fully assumed to be complete and correct in the case of some failure, right? They are WAL.

If this can't be fixed automatically with some command, I would simply like to have a look at & tinker trivially the with these DB files if possible (which I still haven't figured a way how to do).

Christian Balzer wrote:
Now that bit is quite disconcerting, though you're one release behind the
curve and from what I read .2 has plenty more bug fixes coming.
Fair point. I just tried with 12.2.1 (on pre-release Ubuntu bionic now).

Doesn't change anything - fsck doesn't fix rocksdb, the bluestore won't mount, the OSD won't activate and the error is the same.

Is there any fix in .2 that might address this, or do you just mean that in general there will be bug fixes?

Thanks for your response!

- Michael