Re: Brand new cluster -- pg is stuck inactive

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but I see your osd tree does not include hosts level - you get OSDs right under the root bucket. Default crush rule would make sure to allocate OSDs from different hosts - and there are no hosts in hierarchy.

OSD would usually put itself under the hostname in hierarchy on restart, maybe you have some issues with hostname resolution.

Try to check the output of:
ceph osd find osd.0

Does it find the right host osd belongs to?

Make sure you DON'T have the following line in your ceph.conf:
osd crush update on start = false

Check here: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/#crush-location

Regards,
Anthony