Re: CephFS metadata pool to SSDs

John covered everything better than I was going to, so I'll just remove that from my reply.

If you aren't using DC SSDs and this is prod, then I wouldn't recommend moving towards this model.  However you are correct on how to move the pool to the SSDs from the HDDs and based on how simple and quick it can be for a healthy cluster to do that, you can always let it run for a few weeks and see how it affects the durability of your SSDs before deciding to leave it or go back to your current setup.