Re: Power outages!!! help!

On 28. sep. 2017 18:53, hjcho616 wrote:
Yay! Finally after about exactly one month I finally am able to mount the drive! Now is time to see how my data is doing. =P Doesn't look too bad though.

Got to love the open source. =) I downloaded ceph source code. Built them. Then tried to run ceph-objectstore-export on that osd.4. Then started debugging it. Obviously don't have any idea of what everything do... > but was able to trace to the error message. The corruption appears to be at the mount region. When it tries to decode a buffer, most buffers had very periodic (looking at the printfs I put in) access to data but then > few of them had huge number. Oh that "1" that didn't make sense was from the corruption happened, and that struct_v portion of the data changed to ASCII value of 1, which happily printed 1. =P Since it was a mount portion... and hoping it doesn't impact the data much... went ahead and allowed those corrupted values. I was able to export osd.4 with journal!

congratulations and well done :)

just imagine tring to do this on $vendors's propitary blackbox...

Ronny Aasen