Re: Updating ceps client - what will happen to services like NFS on clients

Hi Thanks David & David,

we don’t use the fuse code. And may be I was a bit unclear, but your feedback clears some other aspects in that context.

I did an update already on our OSD/MONs while a NFS Fileserver still had a rbd connected and was exporting files (Virtual disks for XEN server) online.

Now the question is, can I update the ceph packages on the NFS Fileserver while the export (and VM Images) are online? Or should I shutdown the VMs and unmount the NFS export …?

Lots of nuts and bolts, but I like to screw …. :)

Cheers . Götz