Re: librmb: Mail storage on RADOS with Dovecot

Am 25.09.2017 um 10:00 schrieb Marc Roos:

> But from the looks of this dovecot mailinglist post, you didn’t start
> your project with talking to the dovecot guys, or have an ongoing
> communication with them during the development. I would think with that
> their experience could be a valuable asset. I am not talking about just
> giving some files at the end.

This look is may misleading.

We discussed with the dovecot guys about the topic to get an open source
Ceph/RADOS implementation for dovecot before we started. The outcome of
the discussions was from our side to bring this project alive and
sponsor it to get a generic solution.

We discussed a generic librmb approach also e.g. with Sage and others in
the Ceph community (and there was the tracker item #12430) so that this
library can be used also in other email server projects.

Anyway: we invite everybody, especially the dovecot community, to
participate and contribute to make this project successful. The goal is
not to have a new project besides dovecot. We are more than happy to
contribute the code to the corresponding projects and then close/remove
this repo from github. This is the final goal, what you see now is
hopefully only an intermediate step.

> Ps. Is there some index of these slides? I have problems browsing back
> to a specific one constantly.

With ESC you should get an overview or you use 'm' to get to the menu.

Danny