Re: Usage not balanced over OSDs

There is a ceph command "reweight-by-utilization" you can run to
adjust the OSD weights automatically based on their utilization:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/control/#osd-subsystem
Some people run this on a periodic basis (cron script)

Check the mailing list archives, for example this thread
https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg15083.html provides a bit
off background information but there are many others.

You probably want to run test-reweight-by-utilization first just to
see what it would do before too much data moves around.

And last but not least there is some work being done on adding an
automatic balancer to ceph which runs periodically and adjusts the
weights to achieve an even distribution but I don't think that's fully
baked yet.