Re: State of play for RDMA on Luminous

On 29 August 2017 at 00:21, Haomai Wang <haomai@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:26 AM, Florian Haas <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> - And more broadly, if a user wants to use the performance benefits of
>> RDMA, but not all of their potential Ceph clients have InfiniBand HCAs,
>> what are their options? RoCE?
>
> roce v2 is supported

I've no experience with RoCE, but given Florian's question, is the
implication that Infiniband RDMA and RoCE can be bridged somehow?
otherwise how do mix clients with different transports access the same
Ceph cluster?

I'm guessing IPoIB clients could work with a RoCE Ceph cluster via an
Ethernet/Infiniband gateway (like the Mellanox product), but the IPoIB
clients could not do RDMA as this won't cross the gateway(at least I
understand this is the case with the Mellanox product).