Re: Ceph Lock

Hi Marcelo,
On 26/08/17 00:05, lista2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Some days  ago, I read about this comands rbd lock add  and rbd lock
> remove , this commands will go maintened in ceph in future versions, or
> the better form, to use lock in ceph, will go exclusive-lock and this
> commands will go depreciated ?

It's a little unclear what you're asking… but if I understand you
correctly, you've read somewhere that `rbd lock` is to be depreciated?

Where abouts did you read this?  The documentation still shows it being
available, and does not discuss depreciation or replacement of the feature:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/man/8/rbd/#commands

I ask because I'm looking to try and set up a couple of my VMs as HA VMs
that can migrate between my two VM hosts, and for this purpose, having
the ability to detect when the other node is "up" would be really handy
to prevent data corruption.

I'm not sure what happens to the lock when the client that requested it
dies either…  Ideally it should die with the client, but something tells
me it hangs around.  Again, the documentation does not say.

Could someone clarify the status of this?
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.