Any information about ceph daemon metrics ?

I am looking for any materials which  can help me to track and troubleshoot performance of my cluster, and particulary rados gateway.  I  am using command "ceph daemon 'daemon-name' perf dump", and in summary getting a ridiculous count  of various metrics,  but where i can find their description ?  I found some poor description on redhat.com but it  is not enough, for good comprehension.  Could someone help me  found any additional materials or share own experience  ?  For example what does mean op_laggy, osd_laggy, linger_* and etc not obvious metrics? How to troubleshoot when values is bad ?