Re: Bug report: unexpected behavior when executing Lua object class

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 7:24 AM Noah Watkins <noahwatkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:43 AM Noah Watkins <noahwatkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fixing it would require we persist the entire returned bufferlist, which isn't feasible in general. There's a proposal that gets floated periodically about letting write ops return up to 64 bytes or something, and persisting those in the pglog for reliable delivery on retries. But I don't recall if anybody's actually made progress on it. (We did get *closer* to real work last time, at least.)
-Greg

Do you have a pointer to that proposal? I'd be interested in bringing this topic up at a cdm.

Not off-hand. Adam (CC'ed) might or you can search the list archives; he was involved in the biggest discussion around it I can remember.
-Greg