Re: RGW/Civet: Reads too much data when client doesn't close the connection

> I have a situation where a client is GET'ing a large key (100GB) from RadosGW and just reading the first few bytes to determine if it's a gzip file or not, and then just moving on without closing the connection. I'm RadosGW then goes on to read the rest of the object out of the cluster, while sending nothing to the client as it's no longer listening. When this client does this to many objects in quick succession, it essentially creates a DOS on my cluster as all my rgws are reading out of the cluster as fast as they can but not sending the data anywhere. This is on an up to date Jewel cluster, using civetweb for the web server.
>
> I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has seen this before I dig in more and try to find more details about where the problem may lay.

I would say your client is broken, if it is only interested in a range
of the object, it should include a corresponding range header with the
GET request.

Though I agree that the behaviour for closed connections could
probably improved, too. See http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20166 for a
similar issue, something like the opposite of your case.