How to set Ceph client operation priority (ionice)

Hi,

We are running a Ceph cluster serving both batch workload (e.g. data import / export, offline processing) and latency-sensitive workload. Currently batch traffic causes a huge slow down in serving latency-sensitive requests (e.g. streaming). When that happens, network is not the bottleneck (50%~60% usage of the 10Gib link) and cpu looks to be fairly idle as well. Our hypothesis is that requests hit the same drive and caused this slowdown. We use spinning disks and they are bad at serving two sequential I/O at the same time.

We would like to know whether there is a way to set Ceph or Ceph client so operations for different workload are properly prioritized. Thanks.

Regards,
Zhan