Re: Any recommendations for CephFS metadata/data pool sizing?

I would also recommend keeping each pool at base 2 numbers of PGs.  So with the 512 PGs example, do 512 PGs for the data pool and 64 PGs for the metadata pool.

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 9:01 AM Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Op 1 juli 2017 om 1:04 schreef Tu Holmes <tu.holmes@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> I would use the calculator at ceph and just set for "all in one".
>
> http://ceph.com/pgcalc/

I wouldn't do that. With CephFS the data pool(s) will contain much more objects and data then the metadata pool.

You can easily have 1024 PGs for the metadata pool and 8192 for the data pool for example.

With the example of 512 PGs in total I'd assign 64 to the metadata pool and the rest to the data pool.

Wido