Re: How to set up bluestore manually?

Le Mon, 3 Jul 2017 12:32:20 +0000,
Martin Emrich <martin.emrich@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the super-fast response!
>
> That did work somehow... Here's my commandline (As Bluestore seems to
> still require a Journal,

No, it doesn't. :D

> I repurposed the SSD partitions for it and
> put the DB/WAL on the spinning disk):

On the contrary, Bluestore's DB/WAL are good candidates for low-latency
storage like an SSD.

>    ceph-deploy osd create --bluestore
> <hostname>:/dev/sdc:/dev/mapper/cl-ceph_journal_sdc

Just
	ceph-deploy osd create --bluestore ${hostname}:/device/path

should be sufficent to create a device composed of:

	* 1 small (~100 MB) XFS partition
	* 1 big (remaining space) partition formatted as bluestore

Additional options like:

	--block-wal /path/to/ssd/partition
	--block-db /path/to/ssd/partition

allow having SSD-backed WAL and DB.

> But it created two (!) new OSDs instead of one, and placed them under
> the default CRUSH rule (thus making my cluster doing stuff; they
> should be under a different rule)...

Default stuff is applied... by default :P

Take a good read:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/

In particular, on how editing an existing CRUSH map:

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/#editing-a-crush-map

-- Loris