Re: VMware + CEPH Integration

Shameless plug... Ceph really shines for VM hosting when you can use rbds instead of a filesystem with virtual disks on it. And better yet when your hypervisor can use librbd to interface with your rbds. Anything less is missing out on what ceph really has to offer. I understand that a lot of environments have solutions in place already, like VMware, but if you're looking at implementing a solution like ceph you would be doing yourself a disservice not to investigate a hypervisor that can actually utilize ceph.