Re: HA Filesystem mode (MON, OSD, MDS) with Ceph and HAof MDS daemon.

I have an incredibly light-weight cephfs configuration.  I set up an MDS on each mon (3 total), and have 9TB of data in cephfs.  This data only has 1 client that reads a few files at a time.  I haven't noticed any downtime when it fails over to a standby MDS.  So it definitely depends on your workload as to how a failover will affect your environment.