Re: Internalls of RGW data store

> Hi
>
> Correct me if I am wrong: when uploading file to RGW it becomes split into
> stripe units and this stripe units mapped to RADOS objects. This RADOS
> objects are files on OSD filestore.

Yes, see this blog post that explains this in a bit more detail:
http://www.ksingh.co.in/blog/2017/01/15/ceph-object-storage-performance-improvement-using-indexless-buckets/

> Whats going under the hood when I delete RGW object? If RADOS object
> consists of multple stripe units belonging to multiple RGW objects, so when
> I delete RGW object there are must appear some empty spaces in RADOS objects
> like it becomes "fragmented". Do I need to care about this empty spaces? Can
> this "fragmentation" bring to cluster performance degradation? Is there
> anything like compact for RADOS objects?

IIUC each RADOS object is in 1:1 correspondence with a single stripe
unit, so all stripe objects are simply deleted when the RGW object is
deleted/when garbage collection runs.