Internalls of RGW data store

Hi

Correct me if I am wrong: when uploading file to RGW it becomes split into stripe units and this stripe units mapped to RADOS objects. This RADOS objects are files on OSD filestore.

Whats going under the hood when I delete RGW object? If RADOS object consists of multple stripe units belonging to multiple RGW objects, so when I delete RGW object there are must appear some empty spaces in RADOS objects like it becomes "fragmented". Do I need to care about this empty spaces? Can this "fragmentation" bring to cluster performance degradation? Is there anything like compact for RADOS objects?

--
Dmitriev Anton